Have you been in a car accident that caused a neck injury? Do you have a family member who is currently dealing with the physical and emotional repercussions of a neck injury? You could be entitled to financial compensation. While neck injuries are a common type of car accident injury, they can have serious effects. If you have these types of injuries, get serious help from an experienced Dallas car accident attorney.
What Kinds Of Neck Injuries Do Car Accidents Cause?
In a car accident, the neck is often strained when the body moves in response to the vehicle coming to a rapid, complete stop. This unfortunate result of accidents can leave victims in pain and unable to perform normal, daily functions, much like a back injury. Types of neck injuries include:
- Whiplash: This type of injury is one of the most common types of neck injuries. Whiplash is caused by the violent movement of the head, it irritates the nerves in the neck and farther down the spine. Whiplash leaves a person in pain, with possible tingling, numbness and discomfort in the extremities.
- Herniated disk: This painful injury occurs when the soft tissue inside a disk comes out of its protective cover. This can happen because of repeated stress to the joint or a sudden and forceful jolt. This is extremely painful and is typically treated with therapy and medication.
- Neck fracture: A neck fracture is a break or a crack in one of the cervical bones. This is extremely dangerous as it can lead to more serious spinal cord injuries. This fracture is usually caused by a sudden trauma, such as a car accident.
- Cervical dislocation: This occurs when a neck bone is moved out of its normal place. Depending on the severity of the movements, this can tear the spinal cord, leaving a victim paralyzed.
- Spinal cord injury: This very serious injury happens when part of the spinal cord is severed or damaged. The effects of this type of injury include extreme pain, paralysis or even death. Most victims of spinal cord injuries require long-term medical attention and therapy, at the very least.
Neck injuries, while common in car accidents, can have serious implications both physically and financially. If your neck injury was caused by the negligent or dangerous driving of another motorist, you may have grounds to seek financial compensation. Do not assume that you have to face these circumstances alone. A Dallas car accident attorney can help you and your family.
How Can A Lawyer Help You?
The answer is simple. An attorney will work endlessly on your behalf while you work toward regaining your life. As you focus on other things, have peace of mind knowing that your needs are being represented. While an attorney cannot guarantee that you get a financial settlement to pay for your accident, he or she can guarantee the pursuit of your best interests and that may include seeking financial recompense.