When car accidents occur, injuries are sure to happen. These injuries can be serious and they can have life-changing implications. From expensive hospital stays to rehabilitation and therapy, common car accident injuries can leave a long-lasting impact on the financial stability of a family. A Dallas car accident attorney can evaluate the evidence from your case and determine if your injuries make you entitled to a financial settlement.
What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accident injuries can range from minor to devastating. Many car accidents happen while one of the vehicles is traveling at a high rate of speed. This is what causes car accident injuries to be so severe. Typical car accident injuries include:
- Back injuries: Back injuries are serious and should be treated as such. From lingering pain to rehabilitation, these injuries require medical treatment and can leave a victim unable to perform his or her daily duties. Back injuries are common in car accidents because most collisions are powerful and have the ability to jerk a person around.
- Headaches: Headaches are one of the many unfortunate side effects of head injuries sustained in car accidents. These can be very painful and may affect a person’s ability to carry on with normal activities.
- Head injuries: Injuries to the brain are serious. These injuries can disrupt a person’s quality of life and require hospital stays, therapy and constant care. Even concussions sometimes require time away from work, depleting your short-term income levels. Any of the costs incurred from brain injuries resulting from car accidents are potentially reimbursable.
- Neck injuries: When your vehicle comes to a sudden stop, like what happens during most car accidents, you create the possibility of a neck injury. These injuries can be very severe and result in paralysis. Other neck injuries may leave you in constant pain, unable to work or perform self-care. Damage from these injuries can be costly, both financially and emotionally.
- Fatal car accidents: Sadly, car accidents do sometimes result in driver and passenger deaths. Fatal car accidents are especially tragic because most of the time, they are entirely preventable. Family left behind could be entitled to a monetary settlement if the accident occurred because of the negligence of another driver.
Any of these common accident injuries should be taken seriously. Medical treatment should be sought and every effort should be made to ensure that the injured are cared for.
A Dallas Car Accident Attorney Can Help You
Are you suffering because you were injured in a car accident? Did you lose a loved one because of the reckless driving of another? Accidents can leave a family facing mounting medical bills and the stress of an uncertain future. If another Dallas driver caused your accident, you may be entitled to a financial settlement.
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, you should empower yourself by researching a quality attorney. An attorney will evaluate your case and make sure the right legal steps are taken. If you have questions about your case – maybe you’re questioning the wisdom of seeking a settlement – you deserve the advice of lawyer.